Thursday, September 07, 2017

A NOSH: vol.5



Ensign and CMMDR are shown to a table in an eatery in upper Manhattan.

ENSIGN: You want to sit HERE?
CMMDR: No, I just thought I'd rest for a bit until we get to the table you want to sit at.
ENSIGN: Fine. Fuck it, we'll sit here.
CMMDR: No, you choose the table.
ENSIGN: No, we'll sit here. Fuck it. It's fine. If you’re a fan of confinement.
CMMDR: Well I see why you might be put out - you're just so much taller than me....
ENSIGN: (sitting) What's that noise?
CMMDR: That's the sound of 'being in a restaurant.'
ENSIGN: Remind me why I spend time with you.
CMMDR: (looking at menu): Oh, hey. Here's a noise cancellation appetizer you might like.
ENDIGN: (checking his phone) Hmmmm.
CMMDR: What?
ENSIGN: Just a little something.
CMMDR: WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE?!
ENSIGN: Huh.
CMMDR: Please just tell me what you have. Is it TV? A film? I won't feel less than, I promise. Is it a book-on-tape? Tell me it's a book-on-tape, that's fine with me as I don't do books on tape-
ENSIGN: No one does books on tape ASSHOLE. They stopped doing them when earth was a fetus.
CMMDR: I don't care anyway. I'm backing off from the whole thing anyway.
ENSIGN: You sure they THEY'RE not backing off?
WAITRESS: How are we tonight gentleman?
ENSIGN: That’s your opening gambit?
CMMDR: We’re fine, thank you. I had a sax lesson today and my friend the Ensign is Jewish.
WAITRESS: Would you like to hear our specials?
ENSIGN: Where is all this noise coming from? Who’s responsible for all this noise? I’ll kill him, I’ll kill him with a gun.
CMMDR: Could you give us a minute?

To be continued….


No comments: