Thursday, April 30, 2015

On the day...

What the script said:


New York.  I was there when it happened.  The towers.  I had an audition on 9/11.  On 9/11!  I have this audition.  I got up, had no idea what was going on.  I’m subletting a little studio in Chelsea, I had a ten AM audition down in TriBeca.  I roll out of bed, dress, stroll down to Seventh Ave. and Sixteenth, turn the corner, and boom- the South Tower falls.  In front of my eyes.  I stood there.  I watched it fall.

WHAT HE SAID ON THE DAY:

Yeah...New York City,  Heh heh. Man, the big apple, you know? I was there, I'm telling you, When it happened. The Towers, you know? The world Trade center.  I had an audition on 9/11. 9/11 10 o'clock or maybe 9 am something like that, couldn't have been much later, I had this audition in Tribeca or somewhere down there and I roll out of the bed I'm in in Chelsea, not Tribeca,  the studio, you know, in Chelsea  and I'm running down 6th or 7th, one of those, I'm also ETHAN by the way, but also Johnny or John or Ethan, which is my stage name,  but anyway, and, yeah, and I turn the corner on the street I'm on and when I turn the corner--boom, right there, you KNOW?  One of the towers, the world trade center towers, comes down,  man,  I Don't remember which one, one of them, must have been the other oneJust falls.  Crashing down. You know? I stood there. I was just standing, standing, you know, there, watching it. Cause Like I'm telling you, terrorists and everything.  I watched the tower.  It fell. Want to know what I was auditioning for? Go ahead and ask....Man. Yeah.

No comments: