Sunday, April 06, 2014

What We're ALWAYS Reading Dept.

I'm up to Chapter 7:  The CMMDR Between Matinee and Evening Performances..
.....pp234-235  ..." "I can't talk with you. I HAVE TO GET A PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE and SKIM MILK. ITS WHAT I NEED TO DO." said the CMMDR.  Even though he hadn't seen his friend(sic) in over a month, and he'd promised his friend parking reimbursement and a 'dinner at the restaurant of your choice' and even though his FRIEND (sic sic)' had showed up to GIVE HIM a book and a Cd, a thoughtful gesture because THAT's who the Friend (sic sic sic) was, The CMMDR still couldn't take an extra minute to walk half a block because he had to "GET A PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE and SKIM MILK".  "Couldn't you just walk this way?" said the Ensign lamely pointing due East. "NO!" screeched the CMMDR "I know exactly what I have to get and I can't change it."  "Okay, well..." That was that.  It was over.  The CMMDR Loped hurriedly off in a panicked rush for his cookie.  And his skim milk.  And then a nap because Levinson (see Chapt 9 "ALL THE WAY-9 Years and Counting-The Neal Patrick Harris Years") took so much out of him. They never saw each other again as the Ensign, Not being able to see the WALK/DON'T WALK sign through his salty tears, stepped in front of a speeding...."

No comments: