Thursday, February 15, 2018

 Word of the Day is "nebbish": a timid, meek, or ineffectual person 

nebbishy

 play  \ˈne-bi-shē\ adjective











-ring-
Ensign: Hello and yes.
CMMDR: Huh? Yes to what?
Ensign: Your question.
CMMDR: You don't even know what I was going to ask.
E: Oh I think I do!
C: HUH.
E:   I'll tell you what. I'm going to write down what I think you're going to ask and then mail it to you.
C: I don't have my e-mail in front of me. I'm wondering something.
 I want to know if you think I'm----
E: STOP! No, not your email.  I'm going to send it snail mail.  In a letter.
C: But that could take days.
E: I know.
C: Hmmm. So you're going to predict the question I'm going to ask you by sending it in a letter?? I NEED TO KNOW NOW!
-click
C: Wait, HELLO???

One week later
-ring-
E: WHAT?
C: How to annoy the Ensign-Call him.
E: I don't have time for this, they're removing my fingers today.
C: I got the envelope.
E: What envelope?
C: With the question you thought I was going to ask.
E: (Laughing) OH, and did you open it?
C: I'm about to.
E: (Laughing, Crying) GO AHEAD. OPEN IT.
C: (sounds of an envelope being torn open) Huh. How did you know?
E:  (Screeching, crying, laughing, can't breathe) WAS I RIGHT??? WAS I RIGHT??
-click-


No comments: